Pages

Monday, September 28, 2009

Kai had surgery (we think)

Well we were informed that Kai was going in for lip repair surgery- the day that we received the email!  He had been turned down by Operation Smile and Smile Train due to “lung problems” and they found a local surgeon in Beijing who agreed to perform the surgery.

I am thankful that there are surgeons that are willing to repair many different “birth defects” for our kiddos.  I am thankful to all of the people that have looked at my kiddo.  I am just nervous!  I hate being this far away while he is having the surgery and not having any input in the process.  I hate the fact that I have the burden of knowledge by the very nature of my profession (ER nurse).  We were completely willing to have the surgery done when he got home.  I am all for the funds going to a child that has not been adopted yet.

We asked for an update from CCAI on Friday and we were told that they wouldn’t know anything for probably a month and that they would let us know as soon as they know something.  This is such a frustrating process!  That means that we should get an update right before we leave for China.  Surprise- here’s your baby and, oh by the way, this is what he looks like now.

I can’t wait to go to go to China and have him in my arms and cut out the middle man in this process!

No comments: