Pages

Sunday, November 1, 2009

An overwhelming feeling

As things get closer to travel I can’t help but feel overwhelmed.  As I drive home from work at 11:30 at night, I wonder if he is being laid down for his afternoon nap.  Does he nap well or does he lay in his bed and cry?  Does he get rocked to sleep, or do they lay him down and close the door?  Does he know that his mommy and daddy are coming for him?  Do they show him the picture book of all of the family pictures that we sent in his care package?  Does he have any idea what is about to happen to him?

I know that I will never get answers to these questions.  All that I can do is work on getting ready for our travel approval (TA) to arrive.  When it does arrive a whole new set of questions and fears will wash over me I am sure.

All that we need is that stinking TA.  When we get that phone call I can actually start making concrete plans for us.  For now everything is tentative.  I can’t give work concrete timelines because we don’t have them.  I can’t give my family and friends our travel dates (that they keep asking for) because we don’t know them. 

I would love to have an answer to ANY question right now (including my name most days).  All that I really know is that I HATE THIS WAIT!  IT STINKS!!!

Come on TA!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Poppie said...

You are such a good mommy!