Pages

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Baby Shower for Kai (part 2)

Our wonderful friends from the Freshwater group also gave us a baby shower for Kai on the same day- later that night!  (Kai really made off that day)  We had a great turnout with wonderful conversation, and Ray was finally able to meet all of my adoption support friends!  We had a great time!

 KaiBabyShower_20091020_0006_FreshWaterKai’s cake was extremely appropriate for our growing little family!  Our friends know how much we love Disney and can’t wait to take Kai on our first family vacation (of sorts)- where else but to Disneyland Hong Kong!  We will have to see how that turns out ;) KaiBabyShower_20091020_0057_FreshWaterKai’s waiting friends were extremely generous.  He left with a car seat, high chair, clothes, books, dress up clothes (with matching dinner set with cowboys!!!!!) and ………. a double stroller! KaiBabyShower_20091020_0053_FreshWater Ever since I have been welcomed into the Freshwater group I have been made to feel welcome and a part of the group.  I know that I have little to offer other than my optimism and excitement but they love and accept me anyway.KaiBabyShower_20091020_0015_FreshWater KaiBabyShower_20091020_0071_FreshWater I do know that there will be more strings once Kai is home ;0)  I have already been warned about the never ending play dates, birthday parties, and of course the Tuesday evening meetings- wait where is the catch?  Oh yeah…there isn’t one.

I love you guys and I can’t wait for Kai to come home and meet all of his wonderful new friends!  Thank you for all of the support!  This baby shower is just one more thing that I can add to my long list of reasons to be grateful that I was prompted to go the the quilt shop that day to meet Peggy.  I am, and always will be, thankful to God for my overflowing glass of Freshwater! 

No comments: