Pages

Friday, April 3, 2009

The Red Thread: An Adoption Fairy Tale

Red Tread bookRed Thread letter

This amazing book was also included in the package of squishies.  If you have never read it- it is a must read!  I could barely finish reading it aloud to Ray because I was bawling by the end.  It is very fitting for anyone adopting (feeling the ache in your heart for something that isn’t filled by anything else in the world) but focuses specifically on adoption from China- the red thread theme.

Michelle had the opportunity of having the author sign the book for us when the author visited the school where Michelle teaches.  The purchasing of the book was an adventure all it’s own, but it was tracked down in time for the author’s autograph to be added to the already special gift. 

My sister also included a spool of red thread to be used in the quilt.  I am sure that I will put it all to good use during the construction phase of this project. 

I am sure that our child will be just like the child in the story- wanting the tale retold many times.  I also have a feeling that we will be like the parents of the story- feeling all too happy to reread the story because it is our favorite as well. 

Knowing how the red thread connects us makes my conviction even stronger.  We ARE parents already- we just don’t have a “due date” yet.

Thanks again Michelle!


The Red Thread: An Adoption Fairy Tale

No comments: