Pages

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A funny story

Now that I can talk about our little guy I am trying to remember all of the stories I have jotted in my journal.  This one is one of my favorites.

My niece Regan (5 yrs old) is beyond excited about her new cousin Kai.  She knows that he is not here and knows that he currently lives in China.  She now even has a little bit of a China obsession (prays for the Chinese people regularly and says loudly in public areas how much she love the “China people”)  She even wants to have matching things for her and Kai- parasols, silk outfits… (I think she was disappointed that Kai was a boy)

My sister and I were talking on the phone right after I was informed that Kai was turned down for lip repair surgery due to another bout of aspiration pneumonia (the third round).  Regan could tell that something was wrong even though she wasn’t sure what aspiration meant.  Julie explained that Kai was sick and that he needed to get better to get his lip fixed.

Regan asked Julie if she could call Kai and sing him a song because that would make him feel better.  She explained that wasn’t going to be possible.  Regan then asked if she could send him a video of her singing.  Still not an option.  So they decided to write a song down for Kai.  As Regan was writing Kai “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” (her version of course) she asked where specifically Kai lived.  Julie told Regan that Kai lived in a village in China.  Regan then had Julie spell out V-I-L-L-A-G-E and C-H-I-N-A and promptly put it outside for the mailman to take to Kai in China.  When Julie retrieved the letter before the mailman arrived it had in large letters on the envelope- Kai, Village in China in “perfect” 5 year old handwriting.

She was determined that her special song would heal him.  I can’t wait to get him home to test the theory!

If you didn’t save that letter Julie you are in trouble smile_wink

No comments: